Wednesday 18 January 2012

Talk Talk... Several reasons to go elsewhere

.... And welcome back.

For those that have jumped straight in to this post I recommend going back and reading the one before this otherwise it may not make too much sense.

For those that have just come from there, welcome to the second installment.

There is a big reason why it has taken me a month after getting an address to finally get back online and that big reason is Talk Talk.

My wife, being the organised gal that she is, contacted Talk Talk about installing a phone line in to our new house so we could get broadband. They told her it would only take 3-weeks for an engineer to come round.

Now ordinarily 3-weeks would be a long time. But since Christmas and New Year was in between I felt 3-weeks was ok. Not great, but could be worse.

3-weeks came and 3-weeks went. And then when it had been nearly 4-weeks an engineer finally arrived.

Oh, that was after they'd given me the very specific time of "he'll be round at some point between 1pm and 6pm". Great, I've got to wait in all day.

And wait in I did.

He arrived at 5pm.

The engineer had a look around and said "sorry mate, I can't do anything today because its dark and I can't climb up the telegraph pole in the dark." with that he left.

Great. What a waste of an afternoon.

We then phone Talk Talk and they tell us the engineer had reported the visit as a non-entry. So basically said he couldn't gain access to my property. A complete lie because he did come in and we had a lovely chat about brandy of all things.

They also said the next appointment for an engineer would be in a further 2 weeks. 2 WEEKS!!!

To cut a long story short my wife (what would I do without her?) contacted O2. OMG these guys are brilliant.

They too couldn't send an engineer round for another 2 weeks, but in the meantime they have supplied us with mobile broadband. Which brings me to today, back online thanks to the geniuses at O2.

Oh and the line rental + broadband was cheaper every month than Talk Talk anyway. So I can safely say that Talk Talk have been well and truly cancelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment